Poly students perform in the annual CAIS vocal concert

Jennifer Godwin-Minto

From Jan. 26 to 27, the Viewpoint School hosted the annual California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) Music concert.

The program invites students currently attending independent schools in California to participate in large ensembles, an opportunity not typically offered at their respective schools. Students study the music the day before the concert, rehearse it for an entire day and a half and then perform it on Saturday evening.

Upper School students including sophomores Anastasia Arrieta and Sophie Pang and freshman Alexandra Tan attended along with two middle schoolers, Lily Pak and Annie Delbridge.

“The environment at CAIS is extremely supportive, and hearing our voices come together is so impressive,” said Arrieta, who attended the concert last year as well. “I am definitely going again next year.”

Tan described her first time going as inviting and engaging as well saying, “I enjoyed meeting people from different schools.”

Although the event was predominantly catered towards high school students, Pak and Delbridge felt unwavering support and encouragement from the group.

“The Upper Schoolers were supportive and friendly. They made me feel like my age didn’t matter,” said Pak. Delbridge, who was selected to perform as a soloist for the choir, agreed saying, “I loved performing alongside as well as learning from the Upper School singers.”