The Student News Site of Polytechnic School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Monochrome, mornings and matcha: trends of 2024

Ins 

Things we should see more of.

Monochrome: A perfect way to look sleek while wearing your favorite loungewear set.
Mandarin Coffee Stand on Lake: Situated in the Burlington Arcade opposite Macy’s, this vibey little café is perfect for grabbing a coffee and a croissant after school.
Chai Tea Lattes: Iced or hot, this comforting spice tea is here to stay.
Radical truth: It will set you free.
Lying for no reason: A new year. A new identity… Because, really, who needs truth when you can tell tales and live in your own fictional paradise?
Being an early riser: Getting up at five in the morning and having the time to grab a cup of coffee before school and complete some homework is in.
Farmer’s Markets – specifically Monrovia, South Pasadena, and Melrose: Nothing is nicer than being wrapped up in a winter jacket while eating fresh crepes as you listen to some live music.
Fermented Foods: Kimchi. Sauerkraut. Miso. Not only are they delicious, but these fermented foods work wonders for your gut.
Whisper gossiping: So basically, sphhhshs hhsspphhh shsssh pshhhh.
YOLO: I got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone. I don’t care, I love it.
Nightmares: Mental resilience.
Tweeting casually: Private account, 15 followers max.
Wire headphones: Yes, I am listening to music. No, I’m not ashamed you know it.
Second chances: Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.

Outs 

Things we should see less of.

The sandwich method: Boring…. mix it up. Fashion doesn’t have any rules and neither should your outfit’s color scheme.
Stanley cups: Overhyped, carpel-tunnel inducing and expensive.
Matcha: 2024 is all about being unique and trying new things. The daily Starbucks matcha has got to go!
Adidas Samba: Look, they are cute, but a little bit overplayed; let’s reach for something new.
Bows/coquettifying everything: Characterized by femininity, the coquette aesthetic has skyrocketed in popularity thanks to TikTok. However, the aesthetic’s glamorization of eating disorders and its problematic nature are frequently ignored. Maybe a bow or two in your hair is fine, but be wary of what type of media you are consuming if you want to feed into this aesthetic.
Talking Stages: 2024 is all about saying what you mean, directly. Let’s leave the awkwardness and decoding drama in 2023. Muah, no bars!
Quiet/Clean Luxury: Don’t get me wrong, I’m not totally against more unflashy ways to look classy, but the quiet luxury trend has fed into consumerism and the rise of fast fashion.
Rizzing: What happened to true love?
Annotations: It’s messing up my flow.
Third Chances: Enough said.