The Student News Site of Polytechnic School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Vocal Ensemble showcases their talents at Cabaret Night

From delightful solos to melodious group numbers, Poly’s Vocal Ensemble entertained with their performances at Cabaret Night on Friday, March 1.

Preparation for Cabaret Night required time and dedication from the Vocal Ensemble. In particular, senior Cole Malinger emphasized the difficulty of their “Pitch Perfect”-inspired acapella arrangement. “There was a lot we put into it. We sang [Kelly Clarkson’s] ‘Since U Been Gone,’ and that song took a while to get down because of the order and the smoothness.”

Freshman Alexandra Tan added, “I spent the last couple of weeks preparing a lot. We worked hard and practiced often.”

Two highlights of Cabaret Night included Vocal Ensemble president and senior Grace Salembier’s “I Remember Everything” by Zach Bryan and Kacey Musgraves, a duet with Mallinger, and “Sunday” by Stephen Sondheim, the group’s closing number.

Freshman Jessica Li, who attended the performance, shared, “Cabaret Night was a joy to attend. I was in shock at their talent and beautiful voices.”

Middle and Upper School Performing Arts teacher Eric Lifland, who directs the Vocal Ensemble, said, “I was so happy with them and I thought they did well. It’s exciting to see when students gather the courage to put themselves out there and sing a solo.”

Poly Communications